Thursday, July 25, 2013
You might as well know...I'm a big chicken! Yeah, I know I ACT like I'm all tough, & most of the time I am. But tomorrow I'm having a mylogram done & I'm worried something awful. I just hate the idea of a needle being stuck into my back.
As ya'll know, I have severe back problems. That's why I toodle around in Bettye Boop. Well I'm just sick to death of all the pain & I have never believed in better living through chemistry, aka, pills. So last week I met with a surgeon to find out what my options are. His name is Dr. Sharma & I liked him from the moment he stepped into the room! He was very personable & friendly. He actually made eye contact. He answered all my questions & didn't make me feel rushed. I could feel his spirit when he shook my hand & that's ALWAYS a good sign. Don't know if he can help me yet, that's why I'm having this test done tomorrow. But at least he's willing to pull out all the stops to find out if he can. He's even gonna consult with my cardiologist & that's something none of the other "experts" have done. I did have a talk with the nurse that will be taking care of me & I told her about my fear. She's gonna talk to Dr. Sharma & see if I can have a sedative of some kind to help me stay calm. I hope the hell so!! After it's all done & I get back home, I have strict orders to lay around & do nothing. Really? Hmmm...I think I can handle that. So if ya don't mind, how about sending me cyber courage, strong healing energy.
Looks like me & Miss Bettye won't be toodling around town for a little while. She's sick! She's been sick for about a month or so...okay, more than a month but I just didn't want to admit it. She's been making strange noises & her speed ain't what it used to be. Well my goodness, the poor thing ain't had a check up in probably 8 years. And when Mike found out we went out yesterday & didn't tell him we were going, he had a small fit. Bless his heart, he's just worried that Bettye will break down somewhere. So, until we can get her to Winchester & have her fixed, Miss Bettye stays parked & I'm housebound. So now I have to save up to get her fixed. They want $85 an hour!! Plus, it's a little over an hour's drive to get her to where she gotta go to get fixed. With Lowe's cutting his hours back & we got bills to pay, I'm afraid Bettye moves to the back of the bus for a little while. Don't you worry though...I'll find something to write about until we can hit the road again.
Lastly, today marks one year since my sister, Jenny, passed away. I miss her. She used to call me at all hours of the day AND the night...mostly somewhere between midnight & 4 am! Oh & come to find out, I wasn't the only one she was calling, even though she said I was. But that's ok. I would give anything to get a call from her now. Of course it would probably freak me out & there's no telling how much it would cost me! I mean, I don't have international calling so I don't even wanna think what a call from Heaven would cost. Still, it would be nice. So Jenny? I love you & I miss you. You make sure that you & Cyndi are there with me tomorrow, ok?
Well...it's almost 1 am & I have to get up early for this test. Don't know if I'll be up to blogging tomorrow. After all, I have strict orders to do NOTHING. But I'm pretty sure I'll have something to say by Friday. Until then...
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Scary day tomorrow...
I am 50-something and am so not buying the whole 50 is the new 30 cuz I remember what I looked like at 30 and this is not it! I am married to the most wonderful man on the planet and we have 3 grown sons and one daughter-in-law (newly acquired). My BFF describes me as educated, opinionated, and vulgar. Yup, that sums it up pretty well. People either really REALLY like me or really REALLY hate me...there does not seem to be any gray area there. But I am a loyal, honest, and trustworthy friend. My motto...if you cannot do the time, do not do the crime! And I believe in the Golden Rule. Nuff said. UPDATE: On May 27, 2010 we welcomed our first grandchild into the world...Emma Mary. She's stolen my heart & I'm loving being a granny!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment